Christmas Tree Facts
- Real Trees are renewable, recyclable resource. Artificial trees contain non-biodegradable plastics and metals.
- Real Christmas Trees are grown in all 50 states. Most artificial trees are manufactured in Korea, Thailand or Hong Kong.
- There are about 1 million acres production for growing Christmas Trees. Each acre provides the daily oxygen requirements for 18 people.
- For every Real Christmas Tree harvested, 2-3 seedlings are planted in its place the following spring.
- It can take as many as 15 years to grow a tree of average retail sale height (6 feet) but the average growing time is 7 years.
- There are approximately 12,000 choose & cut farms in the United States